Together we celebrate the essence of good food
In an age where rapid consumption and mass production have become the norm, a crucial question calls for attention: What does it really mean to eat consciously? The Low Food Festival, an initiative of Move Amsterdam and Low Food, was born out of the need to delve deeper into this question. This event is not just a culinary celebration, but an attempt to deepen the dialogue about our food system. It is about rediscovering the art of craft, celebrating locally produced ingredients and emphasizing the importance of sustainability in everything we consume.
Put together your own program by choosing tickets for workshops and films. For a delicious breakfast, lunch or drinks you can go to Wils Bakery Café, the beating heart of the festival. Dinner at Wils Bakery Café can be booked separately or combined with a movie ticket.
- Let "Croissant King" Alexandre Scour take you through the art of the perfect pastry.
- Embark on a flavorful adventure with Michelin-starred chef Dalad Kambhu of Berlin restaurant Kin Dee as you explore the world of curry pastes.
- Capture your culinary delights under the expert guidance of photographer Oof Verschuren in a smartphone food photography workshop.
- Immerse yourself in the film program, including the hectic pace of the kitchen in Boiling Point (2021).
- Don't miss the unforgettable talk show in which comedian Howard Komproe talks with Michelin-starred chef Joris Bijdendijk about their tastiest experiences.
- And for our young foodies: children can improve their culinary skills through a special children's program full of workshops and fun.
Come and experience the world of gastronomy under one roof at the Low Food Festival.